TPI Certified Golf Fitness Instructor Program:
TPI Seminars Overview:
This is a multi-level, multi-track certification program designed to improve the overall knowledge base of any professional that works with golfers (golf professionals, medical professionals, fitness professionals and biomechanics professionals). There is a two-day Level 1 TPI certification class that must be attended by all students and six specialty tracks (each with a Level 2 and Level 3 class) that can be selected and attended by TPI certified professionals. The six areas of expertise include: Golf Mechanics, Golf Coaching, Medical Professional, Fitness Professional, Junior Coach and Power Coach.
All workshops include a comprehensive training manual and a certification code to sit our on-line certification test. Upon completion of the test, the license of TPI certified will be granted. Classes are taught by the experts from the Titleist Performance Institute's Advisory Board.
TPI Annual Certification Guidelines:
In order to ensure the standards of excellence from all TPI certified members, there are annual certification guidelines that need to be met once you are certified. These guidelines are detailed below.
- Active TPI Certification is valid for one year after successfully completing any of our three levels of certification tests. TPI certified professionals are required to fulfill 12 hours of continuing education each year and pay a $149 annual re-certification fee to maintain active status. (*Note - The $149 re-certification fee is included in any of the TPI workshop registration fees)
- Certification test codes are only valid for one year after completing a TPI workshop. Beyond the one year deadline, a student must re-sit the class to obtain a new TPI Certification test code. If a student has attended a TPI workshop before January 1, 2011 but has not attempted the online certification test, December 31, 2011 is the deadline to attempt the test.
- If you have registered and taken a TPI certification class, you are eligible to re-sit the class if:
a. You are an active certified member.
b. It is within one year of taking the class, but you have not taken the certification test. If you don't sit the test within the one year timeline there is a $250 fee to re-sit the class. This includes a new manual, new test code and one year of TPI Certification if you successfully complete the test.
c. You failed all three certification tests. After re-sitting the workshop, a new code will be provided to you and it will be active for one year from the date of the new course.
- Active certified members can elect to go inactive at any time. An inactive member has a three month grace period to change their mind without penalty. Beyond three months of inactivity, the student must perform the following steps to become active:
a. Re-sit a TPI workshop. The re-sit fee is $425 and includes a new manual, new test code and one year of TPI Certification if the student successfully completes the test.
b. The student must again successfully complete the TPI Level One Certification Test
Continuing Education Policy:
The education of TPI Certified Professionals is paramount to the quality of the Titleist Performance Institute brand. TPI requires Certified Professionals to obtain 12 hours of continuing education credits (CEC's) annually. To obtain CEC's, the options are the following:
- Any TPI Certification Workshop (new class or repeat of an old class) = 16 CEC's
- TPI Speaker's School = 16 CEC's
- TPI Nutritional Workshop = 8 CEC's
- Website Article Submitted, Approved and Posted Live = 2 CEC's
- Submitted Case Study = 2 CEC's
- One Month Pro Website Membership = 1 CEC
- Any PGA or LPGA National Teaching and Coaching Conference = 12 CEC's
- World Golf Fitness Summit = 12 CEC's
- FMS Certification Seminar = 12 CEC's
- SFMA Certification Seminar = 12 CEC's
- Any 2-Day Seminar presented by any of our TPI Advisory Board Members = 12 CEC's
- Working at a Professional Golf Event (as coach, trainer or med pro) = 4 CEC's
- Shadow for a day at TPI or TPI Junior Center = 1 CEC
For other classes and workshops that you feel should give you CEC's please contact us at TPI for pre-approval.
Advantage of TPI Certification:
Active TPI Certified Professionals enjoy the following benefits:
- Your name and business will be listed on our Find an Expert map on mytpi.com
- You will be able to use the two TPI Certification logos (provided to you after you pass the test) on all print and electronic media to advertise your certification.
- You will have the ability to sign up for our professional website (only available to certified members starting June 1, 2011)
- You can re-sit any TPI Workshop that you have previously attended, to get the latest updated information. All you need to do is let us know you want to come, and we will save you a seat.
- You will receive discounts on TPI merchandise to the mytpi.com store
- You will have access to our TPI Rewards Program that includes discounts from many leading companied such as Titleist, FootJoy, New Balance, Life Fitness, Dunning, Club Insurance, etc.